1956

Pastor Dudley Cooper starts a ‘Revival Night’ on Thursdays at his Kilkenny home

1957

April: Sunday services commence

1958

22 June: Pastor Leo Harris ordains Pastor Dudley and 22 adults become members of the church

1963

Barry Chant becomes the pastor of the church

1964

A block at 73 Grand Junction Rd, Rosewater is purchased for £4,350 and meetings initially take place in a shed, then in a converted cottage

1967

A church building is constructed on the site

1974

John Ridley becomes the pastor of the church, which is later named Good News Christian Centre

1976

The church establishes the first independent Christian primary school in South Australia, named Trinity Christian School (later renamed Portside Christian College) in the suburb of Rosewater

1981

Keith Walsingham becomes the pastor of the Good News Christian Centre, which combines with Lakeside Christian Centre (West Lakes CRC) and builds a church at a disused service station on Frederick Road

1982

Good News Christian Centre is renamed Hebron Christian Centre, West Lakes

1985

Pastor Rod Dunn becomes the pastor of Hebron Christian Centre

1986

Neil Milne becomes the pastor of Hebron Christian Centre

1990

A block of land on 1 Causeway Road, Ethelton is purchased and a church building and school are constructed to accommodate the growing church (which is renamed Portside Community Church) and the school

1992

30 August:  The church complex is officially opened

2000

John Poyzer becomes the senior pastor of Portside Community Church

2009

Portside Christian College completes the phasing in of a high school with the addition of Year 12, which commenced with the addition of Year 8 in 2000

2010

31 January: Josh Poyzer becomes the senior pastor of the church, which is renamed Portlife Church
9 August: Green Monkeys is first opened to the Community

2011

The first phase of The Myanmar Project is completed with the church raising over $80,000 to purchase three blocks of land in Mandalay, Myanmar for a Children’s Home

2015

14 June: Our first children’s home ‘The Life House’ is opened in Mandalay