Portlife Church Seaview began as Brighton Christian Life Centre in 1979, when a small group of believers from Sturt Street CRC had a vision to plant a church in the southern suburbs.
The church’s first gatherings were held at Brighton High School under the leadership of Rob McQuillen and Ian Simpson before the church purchased its first building on Davenport Road.
- 1989 – George and Alison Laslett appointed as church pastors.
- January 1995 – Con and Annette Keros were sent from Portside Community Church to take on church leadership. The church changed its name to Seaview Community Church.
- 2002 – Seaview Community Church sold its property at Davenport Road and purchased a larger building on Seacombe Road in Seacombe Gardens.
- June 2008 – Mark and Luisa Pomery were appointed as church pastors for 12 months before returning to Perth, W.A.
- 2009 – Con and Annette Keros recommenced in a pastoral role.
- December 2014 – Chris and Kerrilee Walsingham were appointed as new church pastors.
- 2019 – the eldership of Seaview Community Church approached the eldership of Portlife Church about the possibility of an amalgamation. After extension discussions, an agreement was reached to make Seaview Community Church a campus of Portlife Church.
- February 2020 – Kevin and Alex Hall appointed as new church pastors.
- February 2021 – Seaview Community Church officially launched as Portlife Church Seaview.